Saturday, August 30, 2014

Dulce de Leche Chocolate Chip Brownies

Dulce de Leche!....


mmmm how many wonderful things can I say about it?!


 For me it's the king of dessert toppings it reigns supreme for my bocita (little mouth).


It's like the "latin lover" of caramel... smooth, rich, creamy and when I eat it seems to talk to me......


saying all the right things en español  of course!.... like Ay que rico or yes I'm so delicoso!


 Kinda like dinero you can never have too much dulce de leche....por lo menos ( at least) in my opinion you can't!

So since my mouth was in a mood for a lot of lovin


I decided to give it what it wants....




chocolatey brownies christened with copious amounts of chocolate chips and slathered with sweet creamy latin love!



 A Cielo!  (To Heaven) you go!


A la cocina!


Ingredients

1 cup. all-purpose flour
1 3/4. cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 1/2. cups of sugar
1 1/3. cups (2 sticks + 6 tbsp) butter
4 eggs.
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2tsp. salt
1/2tsp. espresso powder
1 tsp.  good quality vanilla
1/2 cup. milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 jar of dulce de leche

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9×13 inch pan with parchment paper set aside.
 
2. In a large double boiler, melt butter then add espresso powder, mixing to dissolve. Add sugar and cook until the mixture becomes smooth and glossy. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool for 20 minutes. 
 
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the cooled (it can be luke warm) butter mixture and vanilla. With mixing speed on low add one egg at a time, mixing just until incorporated. 
 
4. In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. With mixing speed on low, gradually add dry ingredients. Mix until batter is smooth and flour is well included. Remove bowl from stand and fold in your milk & semi-sweet chocolate chips (leaving a few chips for the top of your batter). 
 
5. Spread the brownie batter evenly into your baking pan. You may want to warm you dulce de leche un poquito (just a little) if it's a little stiff. With a spatula or spoon drop in 6-9 spoonfuls of dulce de leche (I like to make rows of 3) gently swirl the ducle de leche through the batter with a knife.  Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top of your brownie batter.
 
6.Place in oven and bake for 20- 25minutes or until the brownies are set. Remove from oven and let cool for about 35 minutes before cutting. Ahora...Enjoy!


15 comments:

Michelle said...

Those look scrumptious!! I saw this on the Freedom Fridays link party and just had to swing by to visit!! Brownies are one of my favorite desserts...it's hard to resist a brownie recipe! If you have a moment, I'd love for you to share it with us over at Foodie Fridays too!

NewMrsAdventures said...

This looks delicious! I would love for you share it on my Tasty Tuesday recipe link up here! Everything gets pinned and I would love to have you!

Natashalh said...

If I had a jar of dulce de leche at home, I don't think I could keep my cubano husband out of it long enough to make brownies! These look super delicious. Visiting from the From Dream to Reality hop. =)

Unknown said...

Hi, Jasmine! These brownies look AMAZING! I'm not sure I could be trusted with a whole pan in my house. :) Pinned and tweeted!

chica chocolatina said...

@Natashalh...you made me laugh, I too am a dulce de leche addict! Visiting your blog now! @Blair these are now my girls favorite brownies...they DID eat the whole pan! lol...thanks so much for the love!

The Pin Junkie said...

These brownies look amazing! They are being featured at The Pin Junkie this week at http://www.thepinjunkie.com/2014/09/pin-junkie-pin-party-84.html

Bobbi @ 3GLOL said...

I want a jar of Dulce de Leche...love that stuff.

These brownies are to die for! Thanks so much for sharing.

Pinning it!

chica chocolatina said...

@The Pin Junkie....Yeah!....I'm so excited thank you for the compliment and the feature!...@Bobbi dulce de leche is filled with dreams and rainbows..made from Heaven!...thanks for the pinning and stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Wow look delicious! i love brownies. i dont think we can get dulce de leche in australia but that is probably a good thing for me :) found you via atkinson drive pinworthy projects

chica chocolatina said...

Bel Mums Take Five..ohhh, you have to get some...believe me it is sooo worth it! Maybe Amazon!....Thanks so much for stopping by!

Debbie said...

These look fabulous!

chica chocolatina said...

Awwwee...thanks Debbie!

Anonymous said...

really nice..

chica chocolatina said...


Thank you!...happy you enjoyed them!

chica chocolatina said...

Thank you....I'm happy you liked them!

01 09 10