Sunday, September 2, 2012

Strawberry Paletas

I really can't get enough of popsicles, they truly are for me one of the most refreshing ways to beat the summer heat.  Whether you are the type that likes to enjoy your icy cold treat by licking the sides and lapping up the sweet liquid before it hits the burning hot pavement.



Or if you are my type, the kind of person that likes to take big ole' bites of frozen goodness and savor the frigid chunks in your mouth , twisting it around with your tongue,  manuvering it cheek to cheek so that you can avoid the ever feared brain freeze.  Oddly, I can not stand to have chunks of anything in my drink, orange juice with pulp is forbidden in my house. 


As good as the Nantucket Nectar juice looks and tastes, I just can't get over the fleshy bits of fruit that stare up at me every time a take a drink.  However fruit in my paletas, or popsicles are a staple that I look forward to finding. I eagerly take big bites and wait for the moment my teeth bites into that perfectly chopped piece of frozen fruity heaven.



It's like a treat within a treat, plus I always convince myself that these type of paletas are so totally healthy because they are filled with fruit and basically just a teensy bit of sugar (well actually a lit more than teensy, but you know what I mean!) 



And for these reasons I am totally enomorada ( in love) with Mexican Paletas, many of the recipes include chopped fresh fruits like, mangoes, pineapples, watermelon, strawberries of course and even creamy chunks of avocados. fresh water, and sweet azcucar ( sugar).


What could be better than that?! So as the summer closes and your looking for a sweet summin, summin' for the last BBQ of the summer aka " Labor Day.Why not whip up some of these dulce paletas! And reminsce over those fleeting summer days. ♥














You will need a popsicle mold or you can use paper cups and popsicle sticks like I did.

Yields 6 Strawberry Paletas

Strawberry Paletas

Ingredients

3  3/4 cups of hulled strawberries

1/3 cup of sugar

1 tbsp lemon juice

Directions:
In a blender, blend  3 3/4 cups of  rinsed, hulled strawberries until smooth. Push through a fine
strainer into a 2-cup glass measure; discard residue. Add 1/3 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon lemon juice
to berry purée; stir until sugar is dissolved.

Pour paletas mixture equally into 6 juice bar molds. Attach covers. Insert sticks, leaving 1 1/2 to 2 inches of each exposed. Freeze paletas upright until firm, at least 3 hours or up to 2 weeks. 



2 comments:

Heather S-G said...

I pretty much love any sort of paleta...chunky or smooth - and these would be no exception. They look perfect!

chica chocolatina said...

Thanks ♥

01 09 10